A broad spectrum botanical insecticide/miticide for use in agriculture, fruits, nuts, vegetables, ornamentals, landscapes, turf, greenhouses, and nurseries.
Only protected handlers may be in the application area. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons either directly or through drift.
The use directions of this product are based on the results of product testing programs on a wide variety of plants. However, it is impossible to test this product on all species and cultivars. The phytotoxicity of KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2 has been assessed on a wide variety of common ornamental plants with no phytotoxicity. However, not all plant species and their varieties and cultivars have been tested with KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2 applied alone or with a possible tank mix combinations, sequential pesticide treatments, and adjuvants and surfactants. Local conditions also can influence plant tolerance and may not match those under which testing has been conducted. Therefore, before using KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2, test the products on a sample of the plant and/or seedling. Do not apply on plant when the temperature is 90° F or above.
THE USE OF ADJUVANTS (SPREADERS AND/OR PENETRANTS) IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR IMPROVING PERFORMANCE.
KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2 can be applied through most standard or field type sprayers after dilution and mixing with water in accordance with label instructions.
For best results, spray coverage should be uniform and complete. Always read and follow label directions for adjuvants.
PREHARVEST INTERVAL: KeyPlex Ecotrol® PLUS may be applied to crops at any time up to and including the day of harvest. Use lower rates for light to moderate insect infestations and higher rates for heavy infestations . Repeat application as required to maintain the desired level of control.
Mixing and Application Instructions
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. TO MAINTAIN A HOMOGENEOUS SPRAY MIXTURE, CONSTANT AGITATION OR RECIRCULATION IS REQUIRED.
Apply spray solutions in properly maintained and calibrated equipment capable of delivering the desired volumes. Always clean tank, pump and lines thoroughly with water after use.
Add KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2 to one-half (1/2) tank under agitation containing water of 45° F or greater before filling to desired level. When combining with other products, such as adjuvants, insecticides, fungicides, fertilizers or nutrients, add these products first when the tank is approximately 1/2 full. Ensure that there is good agitation while mixing for complete emulsification. Maintain agitation during spray application. In areas with hard water (water with a total hardness of greater than 200 ppm), it is recommended to completely fill tank with water first and then add a water softener, mix thoroughly, add the appropriate quantity of KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2, and mix thoroughly. It is critical that the water softener be added to the entire quantity of water and mixed thoroughly before introducing the KeyPlex Ecotrol® G2 to achieve maximum emulsion.
Application Equipment and Techniques
Spray droplet size should be adjusted to maximize coverage, minimize drift, and allow application to the intended exposure area only.
For best insect control using hydraulic or hydraulic air assist equipment, use the recommended rate of this product in sufficient gallons of spray solution per acre as a broadcast spray. Spray should thoroughly wet foliage but not run off.
Hand-held and High Volume Equipment
Spray-to-wet applications of this product may be made with knapsack and backpack sprayers, pump-up pressure sprayers, handguns, hand wands, and other hand-held spray equipment and vehicle mounted high volume spray equipment. For the most efficient use of spray mixture, spray all leaf surfaces uniformly and completely to wetness.
• Prior to application, check the aircraft/helicopter spray equipment for uniformity of spray pattern, spray width and output.
• Apply a minimum of 15 gallons per acre of diluted product.
• Optimum results are obtained when plant foliage is not too dense.
• COVERAGE IS ESSENTIAL FOR GOOD CONTROL.
• Use an output that will ensure optimum product penetration and coverage.
• Make aerial applications when the wind velocity favors on-target product deposition (approximately 3 to 10 mph).
• Do not apply when wind velocity exceeds 15 mph.
• Low humidity and high temperature increase the evaporation rate of spray droplets and therefore the likelihood of good coverage.
• Use the largest droplet size consistent with good pest control.
• Formulation of very small droplets may be minimized by appropriate nozzle selection, by orientating nozzles away from the air stream as much as possible, and by avoiding excessive spray boom pressure.
• Spray should be released at the lowest height consistent with pest control and flight safety. Applications more than 10 feet above the crop canopy is not recommended.